Effective Date: 30 April 2020
1. 1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1 Information You Provide.
We collect the following types of information that you provide:
- Account Information: Such as your name, email, phone number, age, address, photograph, birthdate and other similar information
- Identification Information: We may collect information to verify your identity, including your Social Security Number, Employer Identification Number, or other government issued identifier.
- Financial Information: We may collect information such as full bank account numbers, credit/debit card numbers, as well as information about other payment methods. For instance, you may choose to pay for an order using a credit/debit card, or an alternative payment method such as Paypal or Venmo.
- Transaction Information: We collect information about transactions completed through the Services, including when and where an order is created, the type of order, the product details, shipping details and addresses.
- Location Information: When you use the Services, we may request that you permit the website or mobile application to access location services by your device operating system. We may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Contacts Information: We may request your permission through the website or mobile application to access the address book on your device, and access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate interactions through the Services.
1.2 Information Through Contact With You.
We may collect information about you when you contact our customer support team, respond to a survey, or interact with Mickey staff or representatives. In addition, for quality and training purposes, Mickey may monitor and record its telephone conversations with you or anyone acting on your behalf. By communicating with Mickey, you acknowledge that your communication may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning.
1.3 Information Through Your Use Of The Services.
We may collect the following information about you when you use the services:
- Device Information: When you access the Services, we periodically receive information about the location of the device, data about the pages you access, traffic information, access times, browser type, language, and IP addresses. We also may collect your device ID, hardware model, operating system, version, network information, information about the device’s interaction with the Services, and unique identifiers.
- Information Collected by Cookies: When you access the Services, we, or third parties we hire, may place small data files called “cookies” on your hard drive or in device memory to collect information. Among other things, cookies help recognize you and your device when you use the Services, understand your preferences, and personalize the Services.
1.4 Information From Other Sources.
We may collect the following information about you from other sources:
- Identity Verification Services: We may receive personal information about you from third party identity verification services, in order to verify your identity, detect fraudulent use of the Services, and complete background checks.
- Other Users: Other Mickey users may have the opportunity to provide information about you after interactions with you through use of the Services, including through ratings and reviews.
2. How We Use Your Information
- Provide, improve, customize, and personalize the Services
- Assist you in finding products, placing orders, and transacting payments
- Facilitate communication between Buyers and Suppliers
- Facilitate payments and collect fees
- Resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and offer customer support
- Respond to your requests and communicate with you
- Contact you using electronic means, such as by telephone, SMS, or email, or by mailing you at your address
- Measure and monitor the performance of the Services
- Provide suggestions to you through our mobile application or website
- Facilitate communication between our users through use of the mobile application or website
- Promote safety and security by verifying your identity, investigating and preventing fraud or other illegal activities, and verifying information provided through third parties
- Optimize the content and layout of the website and mobile application
- Manage and protect our information technology infrastructure
- Provide targeted marketing and advertising, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- Send you information about surveys, products, services, promotions, sweepstakes, awards, news, and events, where permissible and according to local laws
3. Sharing of Information
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties without your consent, except as outlined in this policy. We may share your information in the following ways:
3.1 With Other Users.
We may share your information with other users in the following ways:
- If you are using the Services as a Buyer, we may share basic information about you to Suppliers within the mobile application and website, including your picture and name. If you create an order with Mickey through the Services, we may provide additional information about you to that Supplier that facilitates that order, such as your contact information, address, and business information. We will not disclose your credit/debit card numbers or other financial information to anyone except for the purposes of payment processing.
- If you are using the Services as a Buyer, and you choose to write a review about the Services, we may share your review along with your picture, name, and date of the review to other Users.
- If you are using the Services as a Supplier, we may share information about you to other users within the mobile application and website, including your Profile (e.g. name, picture, products, business location), and ratings and reviews about you. If a Buyer creates an order, we may provide additional information about you to that Buyer, such as your contact information. We will not disclose your bank account number to anyone except for purposes of payment processing.
3.2 With Third Parties.
We may share your information with third parties in the following ways:
- Third parties may access information about you to perform services on our behalf. For instance, but not by way of limitation, we may work with service providers to verify your identity and prevent fraud, provide payment services, provide marketing services, provide customer support, and provide technology services. These service providers are required to only use your information to perform services for us, and not for their own benefit. (Note: Mickey uses Stripe for payment processing services. By using the Stripe payment processing services you agree to the Stripe Payment Services Agreement available at https://www.stripe.com/legal.
- Other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate.
- The general public if you post content through a public forum (e.g. blog or social media posts).
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- In any anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- Companies and their affiliates in connection with a bankruptcy, merger, sale, acquisition, or dissolution of Mickey.
4. Storage And Processing Of Information
4.1. Storage Location.
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States, or any location where Mickey, its affiliates, and third-party service providers maintain facilities.
4.2 Protecting Your Information.
We take reasonable steps to protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. We also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Mickey cannot ensure the protection of any information you transmit to Mickey or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
5. Your Choices About Your Information
When you use the Services, you have the following choices about your information:
- You may choose to change your Account information and Profile information at any time by logging into your Account.
- You may delete your Account at any time by logging into your Account, selecting Settings, and tapping “Delete Account”.
6. Children’s Privacy
In order to be eligible to use Mickey’s Services, you must be at least 18 years of age or older. Mickey does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
7. How To Contact Us
You may contact us at any time with any Privacy related questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.